I bought this gold, glittery cardigan off Ebay in winter 2010. It was only about $15- max. I love the material it is made out of. So I've decided to incorporate it into my spring/summer wardrobe by turning it into a high waisted mini skirt!
The pictures probably don't do justice to how sparkly and gorgeous the material is. Here is some before and after shots. So what do you think?!
Blue beaded top is from Miss Selfridge.
Shoes are from Wittner.
|Before- Front. Buttons done up.|
Want to make one yourself?
1. Lay cardigan on floor with buttons up.
2. Begin cutting from the base of the sleeves and work your way up until you cut in line with where the neckline closes.
3. Sew along the egde of the seam that runs down the middle to close the opening on the cardigan.
4. Turn skirt inside out and sew a side seam along the left and right edge to to bring the skirt in to the required width. (I didn't measure myself. I used trial and error to get it right.)
5. Cut any excess/bulk material off the edges of each side seam.
6. Using an overlocker or your zig zag stitch run the machine alone those side seams you have just sewn to eliminate fraying of the fabric.
7. Do the same to the waist are of the skirt.
8. Fold the waist of your skirt inwards approx 3 cm and sew along the edge leaving 4 -5cm open.
9. Insert your elastic (width 2cm) and sew the edges together.
10. Close the gap in the waist seam and you're done!
BY THE WAY: THE RIGHT MIX OF FASHION IS HAVING AN AMAZING GIVEAWAY OF 3 BEAUTIUFL GUCCI CHARMS. TAKE A LOOK: http://therightmixoffashion.blogspot.com/2011/10/giveaway-bag-charms-of-gucci.html